chem2u
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Example of an essay question

3 posters

Go down

Example of an essay question Empty Example of an essay question

Post by farah_nad Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:22 pm

(a)An atom of element T has 12 neutrons and a nucleon number of 23. An atom of element G has 16
protons.
(i) Explain how element T can combine with element G to form a white solid R.
(ii) Describe an experiment to investigate the electrical conductivity of substance R. In your answer, include the observation and conclusion that can be made.

(b) Element M combines with element J to form a covalent compound with the molecular formula JM2. Element M has a proton number of 9. Suggest one possible electron arrangement for the atom of element J. Give reasons for your answer.

[Answer]
(a)(i) - atom of element T has an electron arrangement of 2.8.1
- atom of element G has an electron arrangement of 2.8.6
- two atoms of element T lose one electron each to achieve a stable octet electron arrangement to form T+ ions
- both these electrons are transfered to the outermost shell of an atom of element G so as to achieve stable octet electron arrangement
- G2- is formed
- *ionic bond diagram
- the oppositely charged ions, T+ and G2- formed are strongly attached to each other by strong electrostatic forces
- thus, white solid R with the formula T2G is formed

(ii) - a crucible is filled with white solid R until it is almost full
- two carbon electrodes is dipped into solid R
- the electrodes are connected to a battery and an ammeter using connecting wires
- the switch is turned on
- reading of the ammeter is observed
- the switch is turned off again.
- solid R is heated until it is completely melted
- the switch is turned on again and the ammeter reading is observed.
- observation : solid R - ammeter shows reading more than zero
molten R - ammeter shows zero reading
- Substance R cannot conduct electricity in solid state but can conduct electricity in molten state

(b) - one possible electron arrangement of atom J is 2.6 or 2.8.6
- electron arrangement of atom M is 2.7
- atom M has 7 valence electron, M is a non-metal
- a covalent compound is formed when non-metal combines with non-metal
- element M combines with element J to form J2M
- thus, element J must be a non-metal with 6 valence electrons

farah_nad

Back to top Go down

Example of an essay question Empty Re: Example of an essay question

Post by Mazuin Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 pm

thanks fanad Very Happy
Mazuin
Mazuin

Back to top Go down

Example of an essay question Empty aqua 11s for sale being just

Post by coco23 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 am

In which Krakow kid showed in place again--not currently aqua 11s for sale being just about all rude this occassion no less than, nevertheless nevertheless with out cups as well as vehicle along with skipping available when we finally reached the actual component of basically doing cars and trucks. Nevertheless really don't have in which. It absolutely was likewise stated last evening in which one of several two people using a 2014 vehicle had not revealed in place all over again there after, nevertheless no less than most people might kind of understand precisely why. (Gladly for me, this vehicle mate features accessibility to Low Concord 11s a lot wonderful friends' cars and trucks. )#)Anyway, most people ultimately reached the actual "tune up" fraction of training along with I got just about all wondering to determine exactly what we would can. The answer is usually: (your) get one among your ignite plugs (please note: you simply ought to look at just one, not all a number of) to determine the Concord 11s For sale best way it is really controlling in place. That's just about all you choose to do?!

Thus this vehicle mate along with My partner and i looked at your cars and trucks. Her friend's vehicle (a main when using the laundered serps, your Saturn) have great ignite Low Top Concord 11s plugs along with a great air conditioning sift as well as PCV control device looked like great. We would realized exactly where her ignite plugs ended up with the serps washing machine, thus most people have Concord 11s Low in which decrease. Nevertheless when we finally reached this vehicle, i was just about all, "Um, the place that the heck is he or she? " Thus most people started off unscrewing the actual covers around the huge ol' point inside the middle--I was thus like to show off basically handling to undertake in which, hah--and to start with identified two issues that were definitely strange. I got instructed later on we were looking at the actual coils.

The actual ignite plugs ended up ultimately in presently there, along with most people unscrewed these individuals. This mate had been nervous related to my verizon prepaid phone, though the educator looked at these individuals ok, in the event that kind of dusty simply because My partner and i drive all around community a lot more than My partner and i have long-ass devices for the Bay Community. Exactly what that comes as a result of is usually, ones ignite plugs are more likely to often be included with slimy/oily/black material when you drive all around community a lot more than everything else. )#)I likewise didn't remember to mention in which he or she discussed to help all of us related to buying a application carrier. Along with simply by application carrier I am talking about exclusively, "a huge ol' household leather handbag everyone found at your thrift keep. " I will be possibly not kidding.

coco23

Back to top Go down

Post by coco23 Wed May 14, 2014 10:09 am

Therefore this is a <b><a title="Cheap Jordan Shoes" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Cheap Jordan Shoes</a></b> excellent chance for you to appeal to toward the product in order to remind all of them about the brand thanks to the advertise posting such as a branded glass. Website with advertise gift stores distribute over england where by it is possible to acquire the best advertise <b><a title="Infrared 23 11s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Infrared 23 11s</a></b> products and solutions to your company. You can find distinct types of advertise things that were popular among the various organizations in england. Advertise mugs are one among them that will appeal to the customers as well as the organizations since advertise content.

Almost all of the customers choose branded mugs to many alternative things such as dog pens and also seminar folders on account of their particular much better energy. Suppose you own the golf course that will sucks in a huge selection of readers everyday. On the introduction of a festival, it is possible to set up the gathering inside your company premises welcoming the regular customers to be able to become a member of a person to the season's get together. You may make the <b><a title="Carmine 6s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Carmine 6s</a></b> gathering additional eventful by simply tossing the amaze gift such as a glass. Should you be imaginative as well as willing to spend a couple of additional fat on all of them,  it is possible to fill up the glass using a number of chocolate as well as produce their particular ecstatic occasions additional joyous.

If they start the packet of your respective branded glass, steps ecstatic to be able to go through the message branded on the idea. Undoubtedly, they'll <b><a title="Taxi 12s" href="http://www.lanajordansmith.com/">Taxi 12s</a></b> turn out to be the customers from now on. It's the time to select one of the best advertise glass through Yesgifts. During the on the net gift store they're just set up inside distinct categories such as Take a trip Mugs, Earthenware Mugs, Magnifying glaas Mugs, China Mugs, Recycled Mugs and many others. These things possesses a exclusive characteristics as well as sights. They be different into their power, condition as well as the produce. A variety of them are thermostat mugs that will allow the people going abroad and keep the fluid on the inside all of them in good shape intended for sipping during a prolonged journey.

coco23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down